Jikiden Reiki Teacher Training
To be eligible for the Shihan Kaku Training Course, students must have:
- Completed at least two Shoden and Okuden level Jikiden Reiki seminars, one held by a Dai-Shihan level teacher
- Practiced Jikiden Reiki for at least 6 months
- Practiced Jikiden Reiki treatments on a minimum of 40 people
- Practiced Jikiden Reiki treatments for a total of at least 120 hours (distant healing is not included in this total)
- Kept a list of the names, dates and length of treatments on the 40 people
- Produced a few case studies of their treatments (no style preference)
- Submitted a short essay about the reasons they want to become a Shihan Kaku and what they would like to do in the future
Students should bear in mind it is good to:
- Have a strong desire to promote the use of Jikiden Reiki throughout the World
- Strive to live according to the Gokai principles
After the Shihan-kaku course, students must hand in other assignments covered in the course that are designed to help them ensure they are ready to teach.
Shihan (Teacher) Training Course
To be eligible for the Shihan Training Course, students must have:
Successfully completed the Shihan-Kaku Training Course at least 6 months prior to the Shihan course. 1 year is recommended
Rejoined the Shoden and Okuden seminars with Tadao Yamaguchi or Frank Arjava Petter at least one further time
Taught at least 10 students Shoden level parts 1 2 and 3
Provide written feedback from 10 students
Prepare answers to questions in a review paper for the Shihan seminar. This review paper will be sent to prospective Shihan students on request and contains questions regarding the contents of the seminars and frequently asked questions
On a more personal note students should:
Agree with the objectives of the Jikiden Reiki Institute and honour it’s regulations and principles
Have the desire to actively participate in the promotion of Jikiden Reiki throughout the World
Strive to live their life according to the Gokai principles
Shihan Course details
To start a branch of Jikiden Reiki and hold Shoden and Okuden seminars, Shihans must purchase the “Gokai no Sho” scroll and photographs of Usui sensei, Hayashi sensei and Chiyoko sensei. These items are basically a license to teach full Jikiden Reiki Seminars and must be displayed at every seminar.
Shihan courses are taught by the Representative and Vice-Representative of Jikiden Reiki only.
All Jikiden Reiki Shihan (teachers) pass on what they have been taught as as it was originally passed on to them and use the course material issued by the Jikiden Reiki Institute in Japan.
The cost to learn is set by the Institute to try and make it equitable around the world.